Red Velvet Cake Pops
Posted on March 23 2018
- 1 Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar®
- 1⁄2 cup Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
- 11⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red food coloring
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 scoop Quest®Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 31⁄2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces sugar-free milk or dark chocolate
- 18 lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break Quest Bar® into small pieces and place onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place pieces into a mini-blender, and process into a powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the powdered Quest Bar®, Quest Protein Powder®, almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add almond milk, vanilla extract, and red food coloring. Whisk until completely combined, and dark red in color.
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Break cake into small pieces, and place into a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Add crumbled cake to frosting, and mix well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Using hands, roll into 18 walnut-sized balls. Return to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Break chocolate into small pieces.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and place on low heat.
- Place chocolate in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, and melt while stirring. Do not cover. When chocolate is shiny, remove top of boiler from heat.
- Remove balls from freezer. Using hands, re-roll to smooth any rough edges. Insert tip of each lollipop stick into melted chocolate, then insert into each ball.
- Carefully submerge each ball into melted chocolate. Tap stick on edge of bowl several times to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place each cake pop on wax paper.
- Chill for about 10 minutes in freezer, or until chocolate hardens.
Recipe From Quest Nutrition Original Recipe HERE